Saturday 10 January 2009

Keep it real, keep it real, shout out!

So I've decided, mainly due to boredom, that I shall make a post. And its going to be abbooooouuut....music! Yay.

So for the past month I've been going on and on about this band called Animal Collective, who happen to be releasing their 9th album on Monday! And whom I happen to be seeing on Wednesday!

I was pretty naughty and illegally downloaded the album. Which is how I know and can proclaim, that it is infact, THE ALBUM OF THE MONTH! (possibly year, but its way too early to call that) and due to that fact, I will go out an exchange some shiny shiny coins for it.

I personally prefer the later AC stuff, more upbeat, more variety and importantly, words which is what makes Merriweather Post Pavilion so good and leads on nicely from Strawberry Jam/the Water Curses EP

So, I would definitely recommend this album. I'd say its their second best album (after SJ)Standout tracks are;
My Girls, Brothersport and Summertime Clothes.


That's basically it kids! Tune in next month when I can pretty much guarantee that I'll be saying The Black Lips - 200 million thousand is February's album of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment